Virus Removal + System & Hardware Tune Up
iComputer’s thorough virus removal procedures will remove all traces of malware and leave your computer, a lean, mean, working machine.
We will run a complete and thorough scan of your hard drive to search for virus/malware/spyware infection. The techs can then remove all traces of the virus/malware/spyware by running multiple scans of the hard drive and then to prevent future infections by installing a good anti-virus program.
Our Malware Removal and Tune Up Service Will Include:
- Cleaning your computer inside and out
- Check your system for any unnecessary files or programs that bog your computer’s resources down
- Organize and delete unnecessary Start Up items
- Install an anti-virus software for Windows computers
- Check for software corruption and resolve any issues
- A full hardware diagnostic
We know how important it is to have a working computer for work, school or personal use so we will get your computer on the bench within 24 hours. From that point we treat every situation as unique and important and our clients will experience the difference from other repair shops. The team at iComputer is dedicated to providing top notch service and we will accommodate our clients with fast turnaround times or solutions to have a working computer when that’s not possible ie. loaners.
What the heck is a virus and why do you need to worry about them?
A virus is a program or piece of code that is loaded on your computer without you knowing. It can spread from one computer to another computer and interferes with computer operation. A computer virus may corrupt or delete data on a computer, use an e-mail program to spread the virus to other computers, or even delete everything on the hard disk.
How can you get infected with a virus?
There are many ways a virus can spread. Computer viruses are most easily spread by attachments in e-mail messages or by instant messaging messages. Computer viruses can be disguised as attachments of funny images, greeting cards, or audio and video files. Computer viruses also spread by using downloads on the Internet. Viruses can be hidden in pirated software or in other files or programs that you may download.
How can you tell if you have a virus?
- The computer runs slower than usual.
- The computer stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
- The computer crashes, and then it restarts every few minutes.
- The computer restarts on its own. Additionally, the computer does not run as usual.
- Applications on the computer do not work correctly.
- Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
- An antivirus program is disabled for no reason. Additionally, the antivirus program cannot be restarted.
- An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run.
Don’t worry! iComputer can help.