Did you or your dog trip on the laptop power cord and it does not power on anymore? Don’t worry! The power jack on a laptop gets a lot of wear and tear. It is very common for the power jack to get damaged or need replacement. This is not a serious repair. iComputer can help you figure out if you need the power jack repaired, replaced, or if your power adapter is bad.
Your PC can become slow and clunky after time if it’s not properly maintained. As you add, update, and delete software and data files, things can get sluggish. When was the last time you got a computer tune up? PCs need tune ups just like cars do to make sure everything is optimized and running efficiently.
- Bring your computer back to life and stop it from running slow, freezing, and crashing by removing the items that impact its overall health. Improve your computer’s speed and reliability and get regular tune-ups at iComputer Denver. The certified techs are thorough and and go through an extensive full system tune up procedure to ensure the best performance. Here is just a PART of what an iComputer Tune Up will do:
- Check for hardware problems
- Optimize startup and shutdown
- Registry clean up
- Find and remove unneeded files, clean up your hard drive and make more space
- Install Windows updates
- Update proper drivers
- Defragment hard drive
- Check for virus or malware infection and install a anti-virus and anti-malware software if your computer does not already have one
- Physical cleaning inside and out of your computer
- Recommend ways to increase the life of the computer and improve the performance.
What the heck is a virus and why do you need to worry about them?
Viruses. No one likes them and it’s a word that can sure sound scary when it comes to your computer. A virus is a program or piece of code that is loaded on your computer without you knowing. It can spread from one computer to another computer and interferes with computer operation. A computer virus may corrupt or delete data on a computer, use an e-mail program to spread the virus to other computers, or even delete everything on the hard disk.
How can one get infected with a virus?
- There are many ways a virus can spread. Computer viruses are most easily spread by attachments in e-mail messages or by instant messaging messages. Therefore, you should never open an e-mail attachment unless you know who sent the message or unless you are expecting the e-mail attachment. Computer viruses can be disguised as attachments of funny images, greeting cards, or audio and video files. Computer viruses also spread by using downloads on the Internet. Computer viruses can be hidden in pirated software or in other files or programs that you may download.
How can you tell if you have a virus?
- The computer runs slower than usual.
- The computer stops responding, or it locks up frequently.
- The computer crashes, and then it restarts every few minutes.
- The computer restarts on its own. Additionally, the computer does not run as usual.
- Applications on the computer do not work correctly.
- Disks or disk drives are inaccessible.
- An antivirus program is disabled for no reason. Additionally, the antivirus program cannot be restarted.
- An antivirus program cannot be installed on the computer, or the antivirus program will not run.
Don’t worry! iComputer can help. We can run a complete and thorough scan of your hard drive to search for virus/malware/spyware infection. The technicians can then remove all traces of the virus/malware/spyware by running multiple scans of the hard drive and then to prevent future infections install a good anti-virus program.
iComputer can perform a tune up at the same a virus
removal is done and leave your computer in a state of bliss with unwanted files removed, viruses removed and clean from top to bottom. This will leave you PC desktop or laptop trimmed down, lean and mean and ready for ACTION!!
Other PC Repairs that the techs at iComputer can help you with:
- Hard drive upgrade or replacement
- Data corruption repair
- Ram Upgrade
- LCD replacement
- OS Rebuild
- OS upgrade
- Motherboard repair or replacement
- Data transfer and data retrieval
- Power supply replacement
- Video card replacement
- Keyboard and trackpad repair and replacement
- DVD drive upgrade or replacement
Call us about anything that’s not listed under these services! We can more the likely help you or find someone that can.