Mac & PC Liquid Damage Computer Repairs
Oh SNAP! Liquid Spill Emergency?
Did you accidentally knock over beverage, causing the liquid to spill all over your laptop? Don’t panic! Let iComputer’s expert techs save your computer from liquid damage.
Call us for a phone estimate today!
Ways to Save Your Computer
Here are some tips as to how to deal with a liquid spill on your computer so that you can increase the probability of saving your laptop or desktop after an accident.
First Steps to Take
- First thing you want to do is power the machine off.
- Then you want to turn the machine upside down and drain any liquid that’s inside the laptop.
Don’t Be a Hero
- If you do not know how to take your computer apart you and a computer repair technician or shop is not immediately accessible just clean the computer the best you can by wiping any liquid off the keyboard, screen, in the battery chassis, under the keyboard if possible.
Minimize the Damage
- Dry the machine upside down with a fan blowing into it if you have one until you are able to go to a computer repair shop. Make sure you take your computer to a certified computer technician as soon as possible.After that remove the battery and wipe the computer as well as possible.
Expert Service by Experienced Mac and Windows Computer Techs
iComputer has over a 90% success rate with liquid damaged computer repair.
Our turnaround for a liquid damaged laptop repair diagnostic is 1-3 business days. We go through an extensive process of cleaning and checking all the internal components.
In most cases, the data is retrievable for liquid damage incidents. So if you have failed to complete a recent back up of your hard drive and you spilled liquid on your computer, we can help.
Watch Out for Static Discharge
- If you do know how to disassemble the computer make to insulate yourself from static discharge. Static discharge from your hands or body can destroy even a dry computer.
- Remove the hard drive to protect the data and let it dry separately. At this point unless you are a computer technician or very savvy I would recommend taking it to a service center.
What Is The Cleaning Process?
- If you feel confident cleaning the board you can start removing any dry residue. Use a toothbrush or lint-free cloth to gently remove any dried residue from non-water stains such as cola or coffee. Blow the residue away with compressed air, or use a vacuum cleaner with an adjustable power setting or bypass valve to ensure a gentle attempt is made at removing the residue when it has dried to a powder.